Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A familiar friend

My last post was pretty dreary. It's been a dreary time around our house. I love that even in a time of sorrow and struggle God is still on His throne and is still in complete control. Today we turned a corner. There is still a long road ahead but today we turned a corner. A familiar friend showed up at hour house today who had been absent for some time. This is that friend that doesn't have to ask permission to show up but just comes on over when it's ready. This friend met us in the back yard for almost 2 hours this afternoon. They showed up on Brave-One's face as he taught his little sister how to throw a ball. It jumped up on Resolver as we tossed a baseball back and forth. It met Joy in a bucket playing peek-a-boo. It even even showed up on me as I watched my children enjoy the sun and freedom of the air. Laughter, it's been so long! For a few hours we enjoyed the company of our old friend and asked them to stay awhile. We remembered how good their company felt and we didn't want to let it go. Laughter really is great medicine. I'm thankful that my Father catches every tear that I cry and allows me to feel the deep pain. And I'm even more thankful that He knows when a breath of fresh air is needed and laughter is the only thing that can release all the pain. 

Today we turned a corner. We are believing God for direction as we continue to follow in obedience. Today we felt a bit of peace in our home. Today we move forward. Today we laughed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment