Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Heartbeat


Surprise midwife appointments at home are one of my favorite things about having this baby at home. She texted this morning and said "can I come by around noon?" Woohoo! The best surprises come on unexpected days. I think it's awesome that she comes in, takes her shoes off at the door, immediately begins to interact with Joy, and then we lounge in the living room for about 30-45 min talking about all things pregnancy. She shoes Joy all the trinkets in her bag, reads her books, and genuinely gets to know my family. It's beautiful. There is no rush. There is no feeling like I'm just another patient.

The specific due date is still unknown and I'm totally ok with that. We aren't finding out the gender which makes me super excited. Another surprise. I'm measuring a bit big for where we "think" I'm supposed to be but hopefully the ultrasound next week will help. The best part of the entire time with my midwife is when we listen to the heartbeat. That little heartbeat just melts me every single time. The look on Joy's face when she hears it is priceless. She yells "baby!" We just listen for a minute and soak in that beautiful sound. I finally got to record it for Teacher to hear. I think he is feeling a little left. I remember going to my appointments when I was pregnant with Joy and Brave-One would go with me and he LOVED hearing her little heartbeat. In fact I think I still have that recording on my phone and listen to it every now and then.

I'm getting more and more excited for this home birth every single day. I'm working on securing a doula and a videographer. We are really going to make this birth special. It's going to be one to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment