Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Kickin' the "Crud" that comes with Fall


It's my favorite time of year. The cool crisp weather change. Fall leaves that crunch under your boots. Warm soup simmering on the stove. The smell of pumpkin and cinnamon fills the air. Fresh air that makes you want to stay outside all day long. Beautiful early morning sunrises that take your breath away. A new perspective on life that makes you thankful that God is in complete control of everything. With all these wonderful things there is one thing that I do NOT like about this time of year: THE CRUD! You know what I'm talking about. That achy feeling, scratchy throat, runny nose, swollen eyes, and overall drain of energy.



Scratchy throat has been knocking at my door every morning for the past week. Stupid scratchy throat has never turned into anything else because I kick it down with essential oils every morning before it has a chance to turn into something yucky. However my poor Joy has come down with a bad case of the crud after being outside without a coat on one evening. She sounds so pitiful with her scratchy voice, runny nose, whimpers, and cough. Once again I am so thankful for essential oils. They continue to empower us as a family to take control of our own health. I wanted to share with you what we have been doing to kick this crud in the butt!

OnGuard - we use OnGuard on the bottoms of our feet about 2x a day right now to prevent the germs from spreading. While Joy is not feeling her best I have been applying OnGuard at every diaper change to help boost her immune system.
Breathe - doTERRA's Breathe Blend (respiratory blend) is great for opening up the respiratory system. I have been placing it on Riley's chest undiluted at every diaper change to help keep her lungs open and work through her congestion. I have also been diffusing Breathe and OnGuard in every room and makes sure she is sitting right next to it. She loves it and knows that it makes her feel better.
Eucalyptus - for Joy I have been putting 5 drops of Eucalyptus on a rag and placing it in the bottom of the shower then turning the water as hot as it will go to build up steam in our guest bathroom. I will take Joy in there for about 20 min and read with her while she breathes in the Eucalyptus. This has tremendously helped keep all the junk out of her lungs. I personally find it refreshing myself.
Peppermint - 1 drop of Peppermint undiluted on the bottoms of Joy's feet at every diaper change knocks her fever out. 
Serenity + Eucalyptus - I have been using one drop undulated of Serenity on the bottom of Joy's feet before every nap and before bedtime to help her sleep. I have also been diffusing 4 drops of Serenity and 4 drops of Eucalyptus in her diffuser at night to not only help her sleep through the night but also help her breathe well while she sleep. It has really made a difference. This is also my favorite combo to help me sleep. 

If you are interested in learning more about essential oils and how they work please join me for a Google Hangout Experience next Tuesday, November 18 from 7:30pm -9:30pm. The class will be live so you are able to see how oils are used in our house and you can ask any questions you might have. I will post a link on my blog and on my Facebook page on Tuesday evening at 7pm so you can join the class. If you would like more information please leave a comment or email me and I would be happy to talk to you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment