Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Tools in my toolbox

Mommy land has me often taking on the hats of doctor, therapist, and psychiatrist. When I was pregnant with Joy I was so very fearful I would loose her because her conception was such a miracle. I did everything I knew to do to stay as healthy as possible. With my other kids all in public school germs came through our house quite often and there was always someone sick. My older children have struggled a lot with depression, anxiety, and the inability to focus. We also deal with some sensory issues with one of them. Being a family who tries to do things naturally we struggled with putting any of our kids on medication. With being pregnant I also wanted to go through my entire pregnancy, labor and delivery naturally. We needed some tools in our toolbox to make both of these desires possible.

After a bad car wreck in November 2012 a friend shared with me my very first bottle of essential oil. She told me to put it on a few time a day to help with bringing my body back in balance and calming my nerves. I was so skeptic but I did it anyways. Wow, I couldn't believe how much that essential oil helped. It really got me thinking if essential oils could truly band e helpful for physical and emotional health. I spent the next several months reading all about essential oils and different essential oil companies. At that time people were just beginning to dabble into essential oils. Finally in late spring I went to a class a friend was having. Y'all, I sat on the edge of my seat the entire thing thinking "oh my goodness, this makes so much sense." I knew that essential oils would be a key tool for our family in both working through some emotional things with our adoptive kids and through my pregnancy. I truly believe it was a door God opened and we were obedient to walk through. At that class I made my very first order of essential oils and God has been using them in my life every day sense. 

The day my oils came in the mail I began putting them on every member of my family for any health or emotional concern I could think of. My personal favorite was to use on myself for sleep. I was almost in my 3rd trimester when I began using essential oils and I was hitting that uncomfortable stage in pregnancy. My stress level was through the roof dealing with my other kids and preparing for a new baby. Essential oils became my very best friend. They calmed my house down tremendously and brought some much needed peace for all. Once again I was praising God for these tools. 

We started noticing some changes in Brave-One within days of using essential oils. He was able to focus more and be "in the moment" so much more. Before he was a child with severe anger and fits of rages quite frequently. He began connecting, laughing, and not being so afraid. I felt like I was meeting my true son for the first time. It was beautiful. 

I was super excited to begging using these oils for all things pregnancy related. I remember sitting at dinner one night and could feel all the acid start to build up. One drop of peppermint oil under the tongue and that acid was gone! These oils started going with me everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment